h

h

Monday, December 22, 2014

Book Review: Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster

By Jaime Mcguire

Book Review



Holy moley! What did I just read? This story is so addictive. It is easy to fall in love with Travis Maddox. It is also easy to hate him. He is a very polarizing character that has extremely good qualities and extremely bad ones. In real life, Travis Maddox is the type of guy that I would tell any friend of mine to run away from. RUN not walk. However, this is just a story, and since it isn't real you are able to enjoy all of the deliciousness of who Travis is without having to worry about any of the real life implications. Let's just face it, Travis Maddox is hot. 

All of the characters in this book really appealed to me. I loved that Abby was a little rough around the edges and that she scorned the typical slutty girl image. She has a mind of her own and can also look after herself pretty well. Shepley is a character that I love because of his loyalty. He's also pretty funny. Abby's best friend American might just be my favorite character of the book though. Her fierce loyalty and her sheer understanding of her friend would make any girl wish that they were her best friend. 

There are so many negative reviews on this book and I will have to admit that I just cant understand where those people are coming from. If you don't like a book because you can't stand the story, that is understandable. However, I feel like a lot of the reason people are hating so much on this book is that they cannot handle Travis's character. Yes, he is a little misogynistic, controlling, angry, and so many other things but I would urge people to remember that this is a work of fiction, not real life! We can read and enjoy moral ambiguous or even immoral books as they are not based in reality. 

In my opinion it was a great book! Can't wait to start the sequel. 5 stars!


"To douchebags!" he said, gesturing to Brad. "And to girls who break your heart", he bowed his head to me. His eyes lost focus. "And to the absolute fucking horror of loosing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her". -Travis Maddox

No comments:

Post a Comment