h

h

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Movie Review: Mockingjay: Part 1

Mockingjay: Part 1

Movie Review

SPOILERS BELOW





Oh my goodness holy crap! What did I just watch? Okay so I know I'm a little behind in seeing this movie but hey, I just don't like going to the theater when I know there are going to be practically thousands of people swarming to see the same movie. Just one of my many eccentricities. Anyways, I will have to say that I'm pretty much obsessed with these movies. I love it when movie adaptations follow the books very closely and all of the "Hunger Games" movies do this really well. I loved actually being able to watch the movie and not having to be interrupted a million times by thinking, "that's NOT what happened in the book!". Oh come on, you know you do it too! 

To be concise I will list my favorite parts of Mockingjay: part 1

1. Peeta. Yes, Peeta is my fictional character crush so anything he's in I will be happy about.
2. Finnick Odair...no more to be said
3. Katniss singing the hanging tree. This is probably the most beautiful and powerful scene in the entire movie. 
4. The very last scene with Peeta thrashing on the bed
5. The edition of Effie
6. All of the fight and uprising scenes
7. Peeta seeing Katniss of the TV while he was in the capitol. His recognition and love for her was amazing.
8. Pretty much everything

Things I don't like

1. Not enough Peeta 
2. Not enough Finnick 

LOL LOL 


This movie is incredible. If you haven't seen it GO NOW!

List of the Hunger Games movies in order of my favorite:
1. Catching Fire (gotta love the humor)
2. Hunger Games (still not quite as dark as Mockingjay)
3. Mockingjay:part 1 (probably the best production quality but come on, the movies pretty dark)




1 comment:

  1. I really liked when Katniss was singing the Hanging Tree. It was pretty haunting.

    ReplyDelete