h

h

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Review- Stolen: A letter to my captor


Stolen: A Letter to my Captor

A Review



Okay so first things first. I ended up giving this book three out of five stars.


I know a lot of people really loved this book so let me explain. I gave this book three stars because I was not as connected or invested in the characters to give this book a "really like" or "loved it" rating. It just gets a rating of "I liked it" and I feel like thats the best I can do. I would have loved to know more about Ty and Gemma's life before the kidnapping, their personalities, etc. Instead I felt as though I was left with pretty flat characters. This book really did have so much potential and was a truly interesting story. Perhaps I am being unfair. This book is technically a YA book and at 24 I am no longer a young adult. Maybe this book just wasn't deep enough for me for my age. Who knows? 

I will say though that I was in love with the last 50 or so pages of this book. The way the story ended was so riveting and I had a hard time not skipping over whole paragraphs trying to get to the end faster. For that reason, those last 50 pages definitely earn a 5 star rating from me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment