h

h

Friday, May 8, 2015

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)

by Mindy Kaling

A Review


Ever since I decided to start listening to this on audiobook I have been asking myself why. My only experience with Mindy Kaling is the brief couple of minutes that I watched her act in the movie No Strings Attached. After seeing that movie I had kind of a attachment of sorts to Mindy. I thought her character was adorable and likable and I wanted to know more. I didn't really want to commit to actually reading her book so I decided to listen to it instead. Really thats the best choice I probably could have made. I mean listening to it over reading it that is. 

I really enjoyed the first part of the book where Mindy talks about her weight and her childhood. There were some chuckle-worthy moments but it quickly went downhill from there. During the rest of the book I found Mindy to be less funny and more narcissistic and annoying. Mostly the book just shares random anecdotes and things that pop into Mindy's head.

Halfway through the book I decided that I wanted to know more about Mindy Kaling so I began to watch the first episode of The Office. I never even got to see Mindy on the show because I hated it so much I couldn't continue. Next I decided to watch the Mindy Project. I actually find this show to be quite funny and enjoyable and I will probably end up watching all the seasons. 

Overall, I thought this book was a bit boring, not very funny, and ultimately a waste of time.
2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment