h

h

Thursday, May 28, 2015

An Ember In The Ashes (A Review)

An Ember In The Ashes

by Sabaa Tahir

A Review


So what can I really say about this book that hasn't already been said. Honestly, not much. This book truly lives up to all of the hype that is centered around it. People have called it "fantastic", "amazing", and have been despreatly praying for a sequel and I totally agree with them on all fronts. 

I knew that this book was going to be a winner when I first understood that this book would have very little romance in it, and that I loved it anyway. If you know me you know that I am a huge romance reader and I usually wont give a book 4 or 5 star rating without a good dose of love. This book has esentially zero romance in it and I still loved it! I think that should speak volumes for how good this book is. 

When I first picked this book up I was expecting a really great high fantasy stand-alone. I was pretty excited about this because the amount of open series I am reading right now borderlines on the obscene. I also have decided that I don't want to read anymore new releases that are part of a series. This is because I either get so impatient waiting for the sequel to come out or I lose interest in the year or so that I am kept waiting. Therefore I was so excited that I could actually this book because it was supposed to be a stand-alone. Imagine my horror then when I am halfway through the book and find out that it will actually have a sequel. I was angry for about three more hours until I finished the book and found out that it NEEDED a next book. 

So now I am anxiously awaiting 2016 when we are supposed to get the next book in the series. I hope I don't lose interest between now and then!

Have a great day bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment