h

h

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Losing It (REVIEW)

Losing It by Cora Carmack

A Review

“Sex.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy.
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What if I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?” 



Losing It is about our main protagonist Bliss and her V card. Yes, she is still a virgin at 22 and she pretty much believes this to be a crime. See the thing is that Bliss just isn't interested in guys or relationships. That is until she meets the sexy and smart Garrick in a bar. This is supposed to be just a one night stand but what if Garrick is everything she's ever been looking for? What if he is also the forbidden fruit?

I truly loved this story and thought that it was adorable. I love Bliss's enternal monolouge and her stream of consciousness thoughts (like the quote above). She just talks in a way that is so darn relatable.

The characters are all cute and funny and the entire book is light and fluffy. I know many of you might be thinking that all "New Adult" books seem the same and I would have to agree with you to an extent. I mean it's usually girl and boy fall in love, there is some issue, boy and girl have lots of sex! Haha. This one really isn't any different but it is just so cute that I couldn't help but love it. 

I was also really happy that I got to read this with my new subscription to Scribd.com. This is a pretty awesome website that has a lot of popular books to read for a cheap monthly fee. The rest of the companion series is on the site plus the Losing It novella and I seriously can't wait to have time to read them. These kind of cute romantic books are kinnda like crack to me. :-)

4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment