h

h

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Inspiring Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday: Inspiring Quotes 


This series of top 10's was created by The Broke and the Bookish and there is a great new topic every Tuesday. I will put the link to her blog below so you can check her out and all of the other great Top 10 posts!

So this weeks topic is "quotes that inspire you". If you are reading this right now you can see that I did not post this on Tuesday. I am pretty much in love with quotes though (I have hundreds of them "liked" on my Goodreads) so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a whole post based on them.

Okay, let's get to it!

1.I wonder if that's how darkness wins, by convincing us to trap it inside ourselves, instead of emptying it out. I don't want it to win. 
-Jasmine Warga My Heart and Other Black Holes

2. Don't worry. They're all against me. But I have one advantage: they don't know what they want. I do.
-Ayn Rand The Fountainhead

3. Plenty of humans were monstrous, and plenty of monsters knew how to play at being human. 
V.E Schwab Vicious

4. "I don't think..." Then you shouldn't talk said the hatter. 
Lewis Carroll Alice in Wonderland

5. I had one rule: respect. For me, my family, and for my friends...It might sound hypocritical to the women that have passed through my apartment door, but if they carried themselves with respect, I would have given it to them. 
Jaime McGuire Walking Disaster

6. A building has integrity just like a man. And just as seldom. 
Ayn Rand The Fountainhead

7. "Do you mean to tell me that you're thinking seriously of building that way, when and if you are an architect?"
"Yes"
"My dear fellow, who will let you?"
"That's not the point. The point is, who will stop me?"
Ayn Rand The Fountainhead

8. Surely you've seen through that particular stupidity. I mean the one that claims the pig is the symbol of love for humanity--the creature that accepts anything. As a matter of fact, the person who loves everybody and feels at home everywhere is the true hater of mankind. He expects nothing of men, so no form of depravity can outrage him.
-Ayn Rand The Fountainhead

9.All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
-Chuck Palahniuk Invisible Monsters

10. Stupid people are dangerous. 
-Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games

As you can see I find Ayn Rand very quotable. I could have easily made these 10 all about her but I thought it would be more fun with some variety :-)

Have a great day bookworms!

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

No comments:

Post a Comment