h

h

Thursday, April 23, 2015

PopSugar Challenge: The Start of Me and You

PopSugar 2015 Reading Challenge 

Read a Book That Makes You Cry
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord 


“Okay," he said, leaning closer to me. "I have a proposition for you." Dear God, let it be marriage, I thought.”



It's been a year since Paige's boyfriend died and she is still having trouble getting back to her life. She hates when people give her "the look" and she doesn't want anyones pity. Her junior year has just started though and with it comes new possibilities. All of which she knows she will be sharing with her three best friends. Can Paige really begin living her life again and can she find a new love after such a horrible loss?

Okay, so if you read my blog you know that I am not a huge fan of contemporary. Much of it seems the same and has a feeling of being a bit too young for my 25 year old self. While this book does have the same basic feeling and concept of many other YA contemporaries, I can still say that I enjoyed it. 

What made the book so different from others for me is the unique friendships. I found myself yearning for the three best friends that Paige has. Their relationships with eachother are the ideal. Each one of them is there as a support for each other no matter what. The romance is also very cute in this book but it does take a backseat to the friendship. 

I picked this book for the "Book that made you cry challenge" because it did just that, It made me cry! Between Paiges boyfriend dying, parental phobias, boy troubles, and a bit of PTSD I really couldn't help but having a little waterworks. I just think that is a sign of a well written book if it can get you to care so much about a character that you would cry for them.

Overall this book is pretty generic like most other YA contemporaries that I have read. However, it is enjoyable because it goes slightly beyond the typical and makes you feel something for the characters. 

3.5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment