h

h

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Review: Amulet The Stonekeeper

Amulet the StoneKeeper by Kazu Kibuishi

Review



I picked up this graphic novel because it has been hugely hyped recently on Goodreads. You think I would learn my lesson by now and just admit to myself that I don't like what everybody else likes. Alas, I picked this up anyway partly due to the hype and partly due to the fact that the cover art looked very good. I was certainly not disappointed with the artwork. It was absolutely stunning. It was realistic and colorful and perfectly to my taste. Unfortunately the story itself was not. 

I found that I was not interested in the story and could not attach to the characters. I don't think this is the fault of the graphic novel however. I just think that I might be a little to old to enjoy this middle grade story. Maybe if I was a little younger I could have loved it immensely.

 The beginning really reminded me of the comic book series Locke and Key which I love. From the house to the key shape in the window, there was so many things that reminded me of the Locke and Key series. I was prepared to really love the story but just couldn't. I will not be continuing with this series. 

Have a great day bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment