h

h

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Book Review: Vicious by V.E Schwab

Book Review

Vicious by V.E Schwab


Even with the huge goal of completing the Popsugar reading challenge this year, I decided to pick up this book. Vicious does not complete any of the goals on this challenge for me but I couldn't help reading it after all of the great things I'd heard about it. Looking back, I actually wish I would have heard a little less about it. 
I guess when you are set up from the very beginning to absolutely love something, your expectations get a little out of hand. I think that is what happened when I read this book. Don't get me wrong, this is an extremely good book. It was so incredibly different from anything I've ever read before and I have to admit that I've always had a thing for superheros. However, I feel like my expectations for it were so high that it couldn't possibly live up to them.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars and I would recommend pretty much anyone read it. I feel like it would appeal obviously to guys but also to girls as well (as long as you are okay with the obvious lack of romance). This book in my opinion appeals to such a large audience due to the fact that it almost has every element you could want in a book. It has action, suspense, cunning, excitement, good characters, intrigue, etc. I'm a big romance book kind of gal, and while this is definitely lacking in that department, I still think this book is wonderful. It is healthy to step out of your comfort zones every once in-a-while. 

"Plenty of humans were monstrous, and plenty of monsters knew how to play at being human.” - V.E Schwab

No comments:

Post a Comment