h

h

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Movie Review: Coraline

Book Review
Coraline by Neil Gaiman


Coraline is my first Neil Gaiman book and as such I was very excited. I have several of his adult novels and graphic novels on my "to-be-read" list. For me though this book was slightly disappointing. Im not sure if it was because it was a children's book or if it was because I saw the movie before reading the book. 

Seeing a movie before reading it's book is like a cardinal sin in my book. However, I did it anyway. The movie quickly became a favorite of mine as I loved the style, graphics, and story. I think I just had a hard time imagining the story in the book any differently from how it is set up in the movie. As such, I really wasn't able to get anything new out of the book. I'm sure this book is absolutely beautiful though to a reader who has never seen the movie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment