h

h

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Popsugar Challenge: Confessions of a Shopaholic

PopSugar Reading Challenge

Read a book with bad reviews

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella



There is honestly so much to say about this book that my brain feels like a giant twisted ball of yarn. Ughhh.. First of all, I picked this book because it has a rating of 3.57 on Goodreads which is my opinion is a bad rating. Some people might not agree with me on this but I try my hardest to only read books that have a 4 star rating or above.  So for me, this book is rated quite poorly. I just feel like there are so many great books out there that there is no reason to waste valuable reading time on anything less than a 4. Alas, I picked this book up because I bought it from the Half Price Bookstore well before my decision to read only 4 star books. 

Okay so now that we've got that out of the way we can move on to the actual review! :-). I would give this book a 1 out of 5 star rating. I really didn't like it. I honestly just couldn't stand the main character, Rebecca. She is a air headed little twit that has no understanding of responsibility or consequences. She lies to all of her friends and family and treats them like crap. All she cares about is material possessions and status. It's really hard to appreciate a book when you absolutely loath the main character. Near the end of the book it truly looked like Becky would redeem herself, but of course she falls back into the same stupid patterns. This books is just very unbelievable and aggravating as you see the main protagonist do everything wrong yet still get her happy ending. The only character I did like was Luke but even that was ruined by the unbelievable relationship between Becky and himself. I just have a hard time believing that a serious, responsible man would see anything in such a silly character. Needless to say, I will not be continuing on with this series.

** Disclaimer: Sorry for the rant and I don't mean to offend anyone who loves this book. I think it's great if someone can see more in Becky or get more out of this book. I just couldn't. No one is silly for liking or disliking anything. This is just by personal opinion on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment