h

h

Friday, February 20, 2015

Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba

Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba

Book Review

I originally picked up this manga based solely on plot. This manga is about a straight A student that finds the Death Note dropped by a Shinigami (a Shinigami is a death god). The Death Note has the power to kill any person if you simply picture them in your head as you write their name in the death note. I find this concept to be extremely interesting. 

At first I liked Light's character. I felt that it was a good idea to get rid of all the earths evil people using the death note. After awhile though it is obvious that Light has taken it to far. Instead of worrying about killing the earths evil people, he is more worried about saving himself from being found out. This causes him ultimately to take the life of many honest and good people. I really enjoy reading morally ambiguous books because you can explore moral questions without any real life implications. 

I'm pretty excited to read the next volume. There are actually several more I think. I also found a English dub of this manga on Hulu recently if anyone is interested. I've actually watched the first episode already and it's pretty good!


Happy reading bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment