h

h

Monday, February 9, 2015

Fables Legends in Exile

Fables Legends in Exile

By Bill Willingham



Oh my goodness, this graphic novel was so good! I love fairytales and fairytale re-tellings so this is right up my alley. If you are a fan of the TV show Once Upon a Time, it might take you a minute to wrap your head around the new dynamic. It is so worth it though! This graphic novel is an interesting who-done-it story set in a modern New York City setting with all of your favorite fairytale characters. I really like that a lot of characters are included in this graphic novel that you don't see in many fairytale retellings such as Bluebeard and the big bad wolf. 

I would describe the art in this graphic novel as good. It is crisp and clean and realistic which I like. I feel like after reading the Saga graphic novel series that I will never be able to refer to another works art as great, simply because nothing can beat or even come close to the amazingness of the artwork in Saga. Fiona Staples is simply a goddess. Fables however is very readable and the artwork is enjoyable. 

After reading this first volume I found out that there are lots of volumes I have still to read. This is excellent news as I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume. I've already ordered several of them from the library! 

Have a great day bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment