h

h

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Locke and Key Welcome to Lovecraft

PopSugar Reading Challenge 2015 

Read a Book that Scares You
Locke and Key Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez


This graphic novel surprised me from the first page until the end. I never knew what was going to happen. I went into this story without knowing what it was about and I am glad I did. The story was suspenseful, graphic, scary, and in some parts it was confusing. I used this graphic novel to fulfill the "read a book that scares you" requirement for the PopSugar reading challenge. I didn't go into this graphic novel expecting it to scare me but it was downright terrifying in some places. I mean besides the obvious blood and gore it features abusive parents, a serial killer, evil ghosts, the killing of ones parents, etc, etc. It was quite disturbing.

This graphic novel had amazing art. It was a very realistic, clear, and crisp type of art which I really appreciate. It seems like many graphic novels have a artsy, blurry, fantasical quality to them that I just don't enjoy. 

Of course it left off on a cliffhanger so now I need to go read the next volume and by now I mean right now! :-)

*I gave this graphic novel 4 out of 5 stars

Have a great day bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment