h

h

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Vol 1 
by
Naoko Takeuchi


I was a HUGE fan of this television series as a child (like a raving lunatic) but I never knew that it was a manga until I saw it at the library last week. It is now the first manga I have ever read and I have to say that I loved it! It is very true to what I remember the television show being like and it makes me desperately want to watch the old episodes. Unfortunately for me, I cannot seem to locate the original English dubs, try as I might. :-( I am pretty pumped though to run out to Barnes and Noble to buy the pretty Sailor Moon box set of the first five volumes! 

Another good thing about this story is that it has characters that will appeal to almost any type of girl. For example, Sailor Moon is the ditzy blonde, Sailor Mercury is the smart nerd, Sailor Mars is the tough chick, etc etc. I really like this because I can't personally relate to a girl like Sailor Moon, so it's good to have Sailor Mercury there to root for! 

Another plus of this series is Tuxedo Mask. I mean who wasn't in love with him sometime during their childhood? (I'm pretty sure I might still be in love with him).


No comments:

Post a Comment