h

h

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Once Upon a Time Season 4

Let's Talk About Once Upon a Time Season 4 (Part 1)



Anyone that knows me knows that Once Upon a Time has been my favorite show since it's very first season. I know a lot of people that have gotten bored with the never ending drama and peril of this show but personally I just cant get enough. I love the concept of getting to know my favorite fairly tale characters in a different and deeper way. In fact I love this show so much more than I like any of the Disney movies. I realize that it is probably blasphemy to say, but I will admit that I don't even like Disney princesses very much. I do love Mulan and Rapunzel but much to my dismay these characters do not really appear very much in the show. Now onto talking specifically about the show!

While this is still my favorite show, I will say that this season was probably my least favorite. In terms of villains, the ice queen is pretty weak. She isn't really scary and somehow you always feel like everyone is going to be fine and live through any ordeal she puts them through. Honestly the only character that worried me is still Rumpelstiltskin. He is a pretty terrifying character as you never know what he is going to do. 

Everyone also knows that I definitely ship CaptainSwann which was another reason that this season was a little disappointing. At the end of season three, Hook and Emma shared the sweetest moment and I swear I re-watched it ten times. I honestly wouldn't have even been upset if they decided to end the show at that point. Thats how perfect it was. You can imagine my unhappiness then when I start realizing that this season contained almost no Emma and Hook moments and certainly none of the playful Hook banter that I have come to anticipate. 

I was heartbroken as I'm sure everyone else was during the last episode when Robin and Rumpelstilskin had to leave Storybrooke. While I was pretty happy that Rumpel was forced to leave, I was ridiculously sad for Belle and Regina. Those girls just cant catch a break.

A huge plus to this season though was Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff. They are amazing additions to the show and I hope that this season wont be the last that we see of them. The introductions of Ursula, Maleficient and Cruella was also a interesting addition and I can't wait to see where it leads. 

Overall this show is getting less and less interesting to me but I doubt I'll ever stop watching it. It has gone from amazing to just good but oh well, it can always come back! For goodness sakes though, can't the characters just have one episode to be happy? Can I get an amen! 

I can't wait until the show returns on March 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment